It’s always an honor to read the comments on my blog posts and discuss stuff that I love with other people who are passionate about it as I am. Occasionally that leads to blog nominations like this one. I never really follow up with these nominations because it’s just cool to be recognized by a fellow reader (Thanks Analogueblues!) but this one requires me to get involved by answering questions. Sounds like fun.
Official Rules for the Liebster Award
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger (s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
11 Random Facts about CM
- When I was younger, I had thought about becoming a novelist just so I could sit at home all day in my PJs.
- I paint my nails often and sometimes draw designs. Currently, my fingertips are rocking the peter pan collar look.
- I once worked on a television documentary that won an Emmy Award.
- I sleep with the TV on. Mostly with horror/thriller movies playing. They’re pretty quiet for the most part and often set at night or in dark places. And no, they don’t cause me to have nightmares.
- I love Haribo Gummy Bears. I refuse to eat any other brand of gummy bears.
- I often watch variety shows while running on the treadmill. It makes me feel like I’m running right along with them. But it can also be dangerous. Wonder if this should be an extreme sport like that Dancing Treadmill Guy.
- I never saw The Lord of the Rings Trilogy or The Hobbit (probably never will) because I had to read the books for school over one summer break and write a report about them and how it related to the Industrial Revolution. It took me all summer, didn’t really like the books and I’ve been traumatized ever since.
- Coincidentally, but completely unrelated: I have never seen the Seasons K-Dramas (Autumn in My Heart, Winter Sonata, Summer Scent, Spring Waltz) which made Hallyu stars out its leads. I knew and were fans of most of these stars before they even did these dramas.
- I can’t leave my house wearing sweats, even if it’s just to go to the corner store.
- Sometimes when they use English words on Korean shows, I feel like I’m playing a round of Mad Gab. I have to say it over and over again until I make sense of it. I understand Korean but the English in Korean thing is just so damn confusing.
- I can’t roll my R’s so I guess speaking Spanish properly is out for me, huh?
Questions from Nominator (Analogueblues)
1. What drama character do you find relates to yourself the most? Why?
I think the reason I loved Sung Shi Won in Answer Me 1997 so much was because I saw my teenage-self in her. Yes, there was the random celebrity stalking although I never, ever slept outside in a refrigerator box just to see my idol. However, nowadays, I think I’m more like Lee Eun Jae of Can’t Lose. I do like a good argument. To my future husband, I already apologize for my nagging but I’ll try my best not to do it too much.
2. What are some of your hobbies?
I have a lot of different hobby phases. They phase into my life, consume me and then I’m over it. Currently, my hobby is probably this blog. It’s a little bit of creativity apart from my day job. Before that, it was photography whether it was going around with my digital camera or an old film box camera. Before that, I was obsessed about making pies thanks to Waitress and Pushing Daisies. And before that, it was playing Sims 2 & 3. I used to spend entire weekends in front of the computer playing god in the various Sim worlds. Not including the last one, I still take part in the other hobbies occasionally but not as frequently as I used to.
3. If you could spend a day with someone who is already deceased, who would it be? Why?
Oooh, this is a hard one. Okay, I’m gonna get pretty personal here because I just happened to be thinking of him on my way to work this morning: my grandfather. He raised me when I was young and I’m the only grandchild that really knows him well. My other cousins either lived in Korea or were too young to remember him before he passed away. Similar to a secret handshake, we had a secret rhyme that we’d sing to each other and I still have very fond memories of him.
4. Where do you hope to see yourself in the next 10 years?
Honestly, if you asked me 5 years ago I would have probably had a better answer for you. But I’m trying to go by this whole live day by day thing now. Hmm, in 10 years… I hope to be on a fabulous vacation somewhere. There are so many places I want to visit and I’m just making money to get me there.
5. How important is language and culture to you?
This is actually very important to me. I had once thought about becoming a UN translator until I realized how tough it was. I just didn’t want to be the person responsible for starting World War 3 just because I mistranslated something. But I’m always open to learning new languages and I’m actually pretty adept at learning them. Retaining that knowledge is another story. As for culture, I think the older I get I’m proud of both my cultures (American and Korean) and it’s important for anyone that befriends me to understand that side of me.
6. What kind of sense of humor suits your taste? (i.e. Nerdy, Crude, Puns…)
Puns. And corny jokes. I don’t know why about the latter. But for some reason they make me laugh.
7. If you were given the chance to teleport to one place in the world to spend 24 hours there, where would you teleport to?
The tepui mountains in Venezuela. Or more specifically, Mount Roraima. First of all, I haven’t visited the continent of South America yet. Would like to make the trip there one day. But secondly, I was inspired after watching the bonus content for the Pixar movie, Up. I kind of love that the animators were inspired by that place and since it’s so remote teleporting there might be the best way to reach it besides attaching a million balloons to my house. 🙂
Blogs I Nominate – in alphabetical order 😉
Best Love Dictionary – This one is a little self-serving but I didn’t make this blog alone. Worth taking a look to see the effort made by my fellow bloggers and if you liked the K-Drama Best Love.
In Between Dreams
My Questions for the Nominees
- If you, yourself, could be in a drama/sitcom (not as a certain character, but you), which one would it be? How do you think your presence will change the plot?
- If you could defend any drama villain, who would it be and how would you defend their case? (I told you I think like a lawyer).
- What’s your motivation for keeping up with your blog?
- What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written so far? Why?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?