From time to time, I receive these bloggie awards. More than it being about the award itself, I love that it’s about a community of bloggers who are supporting each other. Sometimes it can be very lonely in the blogosphere but through our readers and the fellow bloggers, we get the feeling that we’re not just talking to ourselves about our passion for K-Drama, K-Pop and etc. So thanks Only and apqaria! I’m may be a little (or veeery) late in responding but I’m incredibly honored for the nomination.
B1A4 – 이게 무슨 일이야 (What’s Going On?)
Before I go any further, here are the guidelines for nominees which I’m supposed to share:
– Thank the person who nominated you
– Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
– Nominate a few other bloggers
– Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
– Notify the bloggers on their blog.
– Put the award button on your blog.
Questions from Only (Noonas Over Forks):
- Your favourite qualities in a K-drama male character.
I don’t know why but I tend to really love the oddballs or moments in the drama where the male lead acts all awkward and bizarre around their significant other. I think the reason why I’m drawn to those characters is because a lot of Korean society is about respecting the lines of propriety, whether it’s how you are dressed or how you act. I love characters who rebel against society norm.
- Your favourite qualities in a K-drama female character.
Ultimately, I love any character who changes my perception of them throughout the drama but that is especially the case for female characters. Most recently, I fell in love with Fated to Love You’s Kim Mi Young (Jang Na Ra) because she started off being so meek but ended up a stronger, more confident woman by the drama’s end. I strongly feel that we need more characters like that on TV.
- Your idea of the perfect K-drama.
Such a difficult question! I think perfect is a goal that’s hard to obtain but ultimately I need the following things in my drama: a) compelling characters, b) thought-provoking plot, c) a convincing arc and twist and most importantly, d) must make me feel for either the story or the characters.
- Your idea of the worst K-drama.
A plot that doesn’t go anywhere which causes the character to take illogical steps to merely take the drama from Point A to Point B. Death to mediocrity.
- K-drama trope you identify most closely with.
I identify most closely with the characters who live normal middle-class lives who fall in love with other normal middle-class people. By watching K-Dramas, you’d think chaebols are a dime-a-dozen.
- Your favourite food.
All things pork belly. Samgyeopsal (Grilled Pork Belly), Bossam (Boiled Pork Belly), Pork Belly buns, the list goes on. Damn, now I’m salivating.
- Your most hated food.
Eggplants. I’ve tried all different kinds, cooked many different ways and I can’t say that I’ve ever warmed up to the taste of it.
- Gong Yoo or Kim Woo Bin
Oy, why oh whhhy must I choose? I’ll choose Gong Yoo because they are all just boys before military service.
Questions from apqaria (Crush on Da Hae):
- What was the first Kdrama you’ve ever watched?
This is going to age me but the first K-Drama I ever watched from beginning to end was Love in Your Bosom (사랑을 그대 품안에) which was Cha In Pyo’s debut drama in 1994. It was also the drama where he met his wife, Shin Ae Ra.
- What is your favorite genre?
My favorite Film/TV genre is probably romantic comedy. The thing that is so complicated about this genre extends from the acting. Certain emotional elements can’t be spoken out loud or even through over-the-top facial expressions. It’s in those instances where you can see who the trained actors are.
- What is your favorite quote?
Not related to K-Dramas at all and very serious in nature but this is my favorite quote from one of my favorite journalists, Christiane Amanpour:
“As long as people believe that only their holy book or only their holy word matters and is relevant, then there will be no solution. And that’s why it takes committed and courageous leadership to provide an answer and solution that addresses the greater good for all.”
- Are you interested in horoscopes?
Sometimes I find it fun to read but that’s about it. I don’t really follow it much anymore. Only if I’m bored and have nothing to watch or read. That’s pretty rare these days.
- Are you so into social media?
I do admit checking various social media outlets several times a day for news updates but I wouldn’t say that I’m soo into it. Just relatively into it?
- Have you visited Korea before?
Yes, a number of times. I still have family there so I will probably go back.
- Do you like Anime/Manga? If yes, what is your favorite?
There was a brief period I followed Anime/Manga back in the day. At the time, I was very into the Full Metal Panic series.
- Have you ever won a prize before? If yes, what was it? And if no, what would be your dream prize?
I’m pretty sure I have won a prize before but I can’t remember what it was. So I guess I’ll answer the follow up question. I could really use a two week vacation so I could go somewhere with a great view to do nothing but catch-up on TV and write (think: Colin Firth’s character in Love Actually). I guess I would also need good wi-fi service, too? Is that sad?
My nominees (in no particular order) are:
- Indigo at Between Wor(l)ds
- Stephanie at Crazy for Kdrama
- Amanda at Outside Seoul
- Drama Fan at Stuck on Hyuk
- LiSa at K-starz
If you don’t have the time to answer the questions, no need to do so. I won’t take offense. Just wanted to recognize the blogs above and if you feel like answering some fun questions, it’s all yours. (Only and apqaria are also welcome to answer the questions!) 🙂
Question for Nominees:
- Pick your favorite K-Drama bromance.
- If you could pick any K-Drama character to become your drinking buddy, who would it be and why?
- Cast your dream K-Drama. Would you be your main 4 leads? Remember to cast the OTPs as well as the two secondary leads.
- Similar to how K-Drama characters never forget their first love, who is your first K-Drama love?
- Name your current favorite song playing on your playlist right now.
- What’s your favorite thing to snack on while watching K-Dramas?
- Is there a fashion trend you started following because of a K-Drama character? If so, who and why?
- Sometimes love is blind. Is there one K-Drama actor/actress that you love so dearly that you won’t mind watching a terrible drama because they’re in it? If so, who?